Quick French Bread (Throwback Thursday)

There is nothing better than fresh homemade bread, especially around the holidays. My husband found this recipe a few days ago and we have made it twice since (it has not even been one week)! The greatest part about this bread ... it only takes one hour to complete (from the minute you measure the first ingredient until the time you take your first bite)!

Honestly, I would put this quick bread up against any long rising bread any day. It is really that good! I get compliment after compliment after compliment whenever I serve this. It is also my go to recipe when I have to bring a meal over to someone's house (i.e. if they are sick or just had a baby or something) because it is so quick and easy. I mean everyone has one hour. You barely have to knead, mix, or anything. I usually start it right around when I am going to start dinner and then by the time dinner is ready, this is ready. Stop paying $1.99 for french bread at your grocery store. This stuff tastes WAY better and is so cheap, it's almost free!

If you have never made homemade bread before, this is a good place to start. It is a super simple, fool proof, single rise recipe. Try it out so you can impress your friends and family during this holiday season with homemade fresh bread!

Also, I know lots of you have been trying recipes (because you tell me) but you aren't leaving comments. Make sure you post whether you like things or not because others will use your comments to determine if they will try out one of these recipes. I want you all to enjoy my recipes as much as I do and comments always help.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups flour (depending on your elevation and humidity)

Directions
1. Combine water, salt, honey, and yeast in a medium mixing bowl. Let sit 5 - 10 minutes, until bubbling.
2. Add flour, stirring with a wooden spoon, until dough is no longer sticky (I usually place the dough on a floured surface and continue to add more flour until it is no longer sticky).
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
4. Form dough into a 12" - 14" roll. Place dough on a greased cookie sheet (NOT in a bread pan). Cover. Let sit for 15 minutes. Make diagonal slits, 1/2" deep on top with a knife or scissors.
5. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.