Pineapple Goo Cake


So my friend Holly (from Becoming Betty) linked one of her posts to my blog. Since, my views have skyrocketed. Her blog is definitely big time. I recently changed the view of my blog and for some reason the "About Me" and categories are gone (but you can click on the categories below a recipe and it will do the same thing for you). 

This blog started out as something my friend and I did for fun. Then she got too busy so it has become my food blog. The main reason that I post recipes on here is so I can have my own "cookbook" no matter where I am. All the recipes that I like are right here. Most of my recipes are from someone else (sometimes I change a thing or two) and I don't always give credit where credit is due (from other blogs). To me, food is about bringing people together and sharing something with someone that you are passionate about (even though I know it is not proper etiquette). 

Also, I don't take my own pictures. I am awful at photography. I know people eat with their eyes first (including me); therefore, I find a picture of something that looks identical to what I made so I remember what it actually looked like (not how horrible my picture is). And, truth be told, normally can't wait to try things long enough to take a picture.

I do not write a lot (I don't have time; normally, I do not read what everyone else writes, so I figure no one would read what I write). Since this is essentially my "cookbook," I just need a few words to help me remember what each dish was like. I assure you that everything on here is DELICIOUS! I only post things that I love because there is nothing worse than making something from somewhere and having it turn out awful. In addition, I would never vent/complain on a blog. That just isn't me. There are too many things to be happy about rather than things to complain about in my opinion. So, basically I hardly write anything, which may or may not bother you.

Anyways, here are a few pictures of my little family! 



And...my boys who are the cutest things EVER!


Anyways, thanks for stopping by my "cookbook." I hope you enjoy my recipes.

Thank you Paula Deen for all that you do. From your entertaining show to your incredible recipes, I must take a minute send you my greatest appreciation. I love that you garnish things with butter and constantly use cream instead of milk. Although your recipes keep me at least 10 pounds heavier than I would like to be, I just cannot resist your tasty desserts. 

Another one of Paula Deen's incredible desserts. Serve this bad boy with ice cream and call it a night!

Ingredients for the Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 (8-ounce) cans crushed pineapple, undrained

Ingredients for the Icing
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk (or 10 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Ingredients for the Topping
Coconut
Pecans

Directions for the Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, place all of the "Ingredients for the Cake." Mix until combined.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes (until a wooden toothpick comes out clean).

Directions for the Icing
1. While the cake is baking (when there is about 10 minutes left on the timer), bring the sugar butter and evaporated milk to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.

Directions for Assembly
1. While cake is still hot, use the end of a wooden spoon to make 1/2-inch-deep holes in top of cake at 1-inch intervals.
2. Pour the goo icing over the cake. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.

Store in the refrigerator.